The Blushing Philodendron is an attractive, easy-to-grow houseplant. It has heart-shaped leaves with pinkish-red undersides that blush in bright, indirect light. This plant prefers low to medium light and should be watered when the top inch of soil is dry.
The Blushing Philodendron is a popular houseplant with attractive red-tinted foliage that can add a splash of color to your home. This easy-care tropical plant grows best in bright indirect light and moderate temperatures between 65-80°F. It prefers slightly moist soil, so water when the top 1-2 inches of soil are dry. The Blushing Philodendron can be propagated by cutting off a stem and placing it in soil, or by rooting the stem in water.
1. Water: Blushing Philodendron plants need to be watered regularly, but the soil should be allowed to dry out slightly between waterings. Water deeply and then allow the excess water to drain out of the container.
2. Light: Blushing Philodendron plants prefer bright, indirect light and can tolerate some direct sun. Avoid direct sun for long periods of time, as this can burn the leaves.
3. Temperature: Blushing Philodendron plants prefer warm temperatures between 65°F and 80°F (18°C-27°C). Avoid exposing your plant to temperatures below 55°F (13°C).
4. Fertilizer: Feed your Blushing Philodendron plant with a balanced liquid fertilizer every two weeks during the growing season (spring and summer).
5. Pruning: Prune your Blushing Philodendron plant as needed, to keep it looking full and healthy. Prune off any dead or damaged leaves and stems.
6. Repotting: Repot your Blushing Philodendron plant every two to three years, using a fresh potting mix.
7. Water: Water your Blushing Philodendron when the top inch of soil is dry. Aim to keep the soil evenly moist.
8. Light: Blushing Philodendron prefers bright, indirect light. Avoid direct sunlight, as it can scorch the leaves.
9. Fertilizer: Fertilize your Blushing Philodendron with a balanced liquid fertilizer every 2-4 weeks during the growing season.
10. Temperature: Blushing Philodendron prefers temperatures between 65-85°F (18-29°C).
11. Humidity: Blushing Philodendron prefers higher levels of humidity. Consider using a humidifier or misting the leaves regularly.
12. Pruning: Prune back dead or dying leaves and stems as needed.
13. Repotting: Repot your Blushing Philodendron every 2-3 years in spring or early summer.